Current Farm Operations
We have invested heavily in Puerto Rico farming and currently have in our farm operations over 150 acres located at Arecibo, Puerto Rico. Our initial crop growth is approximately 40 plus acres and has been in full production since 2018 under the management of Sunrise Industries, Inc.
They provide all aspects of day-to-day farm management activities to included but not limited, crop planting, soil & water testing, local labor pool, harvesting, packaging, and shipping. Our current crop growth consists of assorted tomatoes and local vegetables. We have also established and developed a sustainable model for regenerative agriculture and replicable Hemp and Cannabis growth.
Sunrise Industries Inc. initial capital investment to date has been in the acquisition of farmland, cloud applications, import and export licensing and our future build patented Agriculture Production Hub (APH) facility located in Puerto Rico. Our current crop yield capability is 4 to 5 growth per year with a 40 acre build out plan by 2021 with the capacity to expand to additional 110 acres.
Our business development footprint is unique to the industry based on the fact, that we are focused on key agricultural commodities to provide a secure and profitable financial base to our stakeholders. One of our core crops is hemp, it offers not only medical properties but also its by-products are well suited for other sustainable goods.
The current hemp industry has increased tenfold in the past 10 years and is projected to exceed financial expectations in the global economy. Hemp is showing the potential to be a part of a growing trend towards developing “renewable” sources for industrial products. Currently, there is no commercial hemp per processing facility in North America to supply and grow these markets. To pursue these opportunities, Sunrise has been established in Dorado, Puerto Rico capable of processing up to 36,000 metric tons annually of hemp straw into biofiber and by-products.
The potential for growth for hemp biofiber production and processing is significant. The Pilot Processing Plant will focus on a selected small number of well-developed and accessible markets and uses that have a range in quality requirements.
Greenhouses combine the latest technology in HVAC, light deprivation, environmental controls, irrigation, insect exclusion, benching systems, hybrid techniques, and much more to create a systematic and Environmentally controlled greenhouses.
- Our green houses are custom built based on the landscape, environmental conditions and extreme weather.
- While hemp likes long daylight during the vegetative stage, a good blackout system is required for the best flowering
- Heating and Cooling Systems are an important component of the hemp greenhouse.
- Ventilation is essential as with all greenhouse crops. Our integrated growing solutions will include air filtration systems where
- A nutrient management system is essential for maximizing the production yield of the hemp plants and ensuring consistent and reliable
- The computer control systems control and monitor all the nutrients, lights, blackout, air circulation, CO2 and irrigation needs of the plants and can handle different environments for propagation, cloning and flowering.